Hoskin & Muir, Inc. (DBA Cardinal Shower Enclosures) Limited Lifetime Warranty for Residential Applications
Your Cardinal Shower Enclosures are made of tempered safety glass, durable hardware, and the finest aluminum. With the proper care and maintenance, your Cardinal Shower Enclosure will provide a lifetime of use. Cardinal Shower Enclosures does not recommend the use of harsh abrasive cleaners on any of its products, as they may damage the metal or glass finish of your enclosure.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
This warranty extends only to the original owner/end user and for personal household use only. This warranty is non-transferrable. Additional limitations may apply for commercial use.
Cardinal Shower Enclosures warrants to the original owner/end user, the aluminum and vinyl extrusions and hardware for your tub or shower enclosure to be free from defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty does not cover any claim arising from abuse, misuse, negligence, leakage, abrasives, accidents, improper installation or operation, or natural disasters.
Cardinal Shower Enclosures will replace any part of your enclosure found to be defective in materials or workmanship occurring in normal usage during the warranty period. Any parts found to be defective will be replaced free of charge. Cardinal Shower Enclosures reserves the right to charge for delivery. This warranty covers parts only. Labor for installation or removal is not included, nor is damage as a result of incorrect installation.
No other warranties are expressed or implied, including that of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Cardinal Shower Enclosures be liable for special, direct, indirect, or consequential damage, including but not limited to, loss of profits or damage to other property. Any warranty implied by law and not effectively excluded by this warranty are limited to the duration and remedies of this warranty.
The laws and regulations that govern the installation, design, and use of the shower or tub enclosure vary widely. Cardinal Shower Enclosures does not control the selection of product, configuration, actual installation, operating hardware, or glazing material, and therefore does not assume any responsibility thereof. Cardinal Shower Enclosures reserves the right to modify this warranty at any time, and the consumer understands that such modification will not alter the warranty conditions applicable at the time of the sale of the product.
Glass and Surface Protection
Cardinal Shower Enclosures does not warrant glass for scratches, chips, water spots, breaking or for any other defect after installation.
Glass surface protection systems are not covered under this warranty, but may be covered under another warranty.
Make your shower enclosure easier to clean! Cardinal 10 Surface Protection is a glass protection system that repels both water (hydrophobic) and oils (oleophobic). Chemical bonding (Covalent bonding) takes place between Cardinal 10 and the glass surface, not molecular bonding (Hydrogen bonding), as in other glass coatings. This creates a near permanent bond that can only be removed by abrasion and removal of the top layer of glass. Cardinal 10 is resistant to UV degradation. Exposure to UV rays does not cause a film to form, nor does it cause a breakdown in the coating.
Accelerated testing, performed to duplicate the effects of continuous cleaning and UV exposure of the coated surface for a 10 year period, concluded there was no noticeable degradation of the water and oil repelling properties of Cardinal 10. The coated surface should continue to perform well after the 10 year warranty period.
Congratulations, the cleaning and maintaining of your shower has become much easier.
- After each use a simple swipe of a squeegee will help maintain that brand new look.
- The glass needs to be cleaned every few weeks using a damp microfiber cloth and a mild detergent or soap to remove soap scum and grime from the glass.
- If you prefer, a general glass cleaner and a cloth are also suitable.
- The need to use harsh cleansers or toxic chemicals is no longer necessary to maintain the pristine appearance of your glass.
- When cleaning your treated glass be careful not to use any rough, gritty, highly acidic or abrasive cleaners that may remove the surface of the glass and damage the coating, therefore voiding the warranty.
- For areas with hard water, due to a higher concentrate of mineral deposits such as lime and calcium, a build up may occur on the protective coating and not be easily removed with a mild detergent. A solution of white vinegar and water (1 part vinegar to 4 parts water), will need to be used occasionally to dissolve these deposits. Please visit www.cardinalshower.com/10 for a list of frequently asked questions.
For a list of approved cleaners, visit our Web site at www.cardinalshower.com/10.
Ten Year Warranty
The manufacturer warrants that the Cardinal 10 Surface Protection will remain water repellent for a period of ten years from the date of the receipt provided by your installer.
- Cardinal 10 Surface Protection must be maintained as per manufacturer’s instructions to validate and maintain the warranty.
- If, within the warranty period, you feel that your glass is no longer easy to clean, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a brief explanation of the problem along with your name, address, telephone number and date of installation.
- If it is determined that an area that has been treated has not remained water repellent, Cardinal Shower Enclosures will gladly provide replacement Cardinal 10 Surface Protection in an amount determined to be adequate to re-coat the area.
- Cardinal Shower Enclosures reserves the right to inspect the glass in order to determine that the product has been maintained in a manner consistent with the manufacturers’ instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: Visible streaking or swirling patterns may appear on the glass when the glass is steamed up. This is a normal occurrence and does not affect the performance of the surface protection. It is not visible when the shower is dry and not in use. repels water, soap scum & grime from your shower enclosure for 10 or more years
Copyright ©2010, Hoskin & Muir, Inc. All rights reserved. Cardinal Shower Enclosures are manufactured by Hoskin & Muir, Inc. and distributed nationally from their distribution centers. Cardinal 10 Surface Protection is manufactured by PCT Global LLC. (PV:Cardinal 414-2010-06). For more information visit www.cardinalshower.com/10